1. Definition of "Personal Information"
By "personal information," OMRON refers to information by which an individual is or could be identified (including information that by itself cannot identify an individual but can easily be associated with other personally identifiable information). Such information could be in the form of written or printed text, symbols, images, sounds and data processed or stored in computers or other digital or electronic devices. Specifically, personal information includes, but is not limited to, names, ages, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, mailing addresses, company names, hobbies, information regarding products or services purchased and details of inquiries to OMRON.
2. Basic Policy on Personal Information Protection
- OMRON collects, uses and provides personal information in an appropriate manner
- OMRON implements strict security measures to prevent illegal access to and loss and/or leakage of personal information to third parties
- OMRON strictly observes all applicable American laws and internal regulations regarding the handling of personal information
- OMRON strives to continuously improve its practices to protect personal information
3. Name of Business Entity Handling Personal Information
OMRON Foundation, Inc.
4. Usage of Personal Information
OMRON collects personal information to the extent necessary to provide its products and services. Whenever personal information is collected through direct input or through input using electromagnetic media, OMRON will notify you of the intended purpose for which the information is being collected
Personal information collected through other means will only be used for business activities listed in (1) below and to the extent necessary for the purposes listed in (2). Purposes of use for personal information collected from shareholders are discussed in (3).
- OMRON's business fields
- Planning, design, development, production, installation and servicing of equipment, devices and software products
- Communications and information processing services
- Information collection, analysis and provision on themes related to people, culture, lifestyles and health as well as management and operation of sports and cultural facilities
- Advertising planning, production and agency services, as well as services related to staffing, recruiting, leasing, insurance, credit cards, freight, security, construction and real estate management
- Sale of food, beverages and other goods
- Purposes of use
- Provision of products or services by OMRON, its affiliates or other business partners (hereinafter referred to as "products, etc.") that customers have purchased or requested, and servicing and maintenance thereof
- Provision of information and announcements regarding planning, design, development, production, sale and/or installation of products, etc. and provision of other product information
- Management of contracts related to the provision of products, etc. and other business activities
- Announcement and holding of campaigns, exhibitions and other events related to products, etc.
- Provision and forwarding of promotional materials such as product literature, CD-ROMs and samples related to products, etc.
- Questionnaires, research and analysis related to products, etc.
- Maintenance of safety at OMRON sites
- Purposes of use for personal information collected from shareholders
- Exercising OMRON's rights and fulfilling its obligations in conformance with applicable laws and ordinances
- Implementing measures intended to strengthen shareholders' understanding of OMRON's business and to build stronger and better relationships between shareholders and OMRON
- Standard data collection and statistical processing as allowed under the scope of the law
OMRON will not use any personal information for purposes other than those listed above without the consent of the individual(s) concerned.
Shared Use of Personal Information
OMRON may share necessary items of the personal information supplied by an individual. such as names. mailing addresses. company names. images. and products and/or services the individual purchased with its affiliates. joint research partners. distributors. and other business partners to the extent necessary to fulfill the purposes listed in section 4. above. OMRON will be responsible for management of such personal information.
Supply of Personal Information to Third Parties
- When OMRON is required to do so by a legal order.
- If such information is required for the protection of a person's life, body or property, and consent from the relevant individual cannot be readily obtained.
- If such information is required especially for the improvement of public health or the promotion of sound nurturing of children, and consent from the relevant individual cannot be readily obtained.
- If it becomes necessary by legal ordinance to cooperate with a government agency, public authorities, or parties authorized by them, and there is concern that seeking the relevant individual's consent may hinder the execution of the relevant duties.
- If a task is subcontracted in whole or in part to a business partner for the purpose of facilitating the smooth flow of business. In such cases, an agreement concerning the handling of personal information and personal information security will be formed with the subcontractor. to ensure appropriate handling of personal information.
- Instances where the relevant individual has granted consent in advance.